Monday, December 31, 2012

Reading Challenge for 2013 ^^

Hello, my blog readers! Last year I decided to participate in the read 100 fiction book contest. Needless to say, I failed quite miserably at it having read only 31 fiction books total for 2012. Three of them I still have not written reviews for, so please be looking for them in my future posts.

For 2013 I have decided to set my own challenge instead of following another blogger's or website's reading challenge. So here it is!

Heidi's 2013 Reading Challenge

1. Read 50 books
2. Twelve of these books must be Classics.
3. Another twelve must be nonfiction books.
4. I will read the complete works of Shakespeare.

As for writing goals I would like to polish my manuscript I wrote during graduate school. For the past six months I have let My Kingdom for a Horse rest in my portfolio folder. I think tonight may be the night to pull it out and start reading it over and making notes on the manuscript. My only other goal is to write as much as possible with the hope I produce another rough draft of a novel. I am sure there will also be a smattering of short stories and poems produced from my brain and soul as well.

Then there shall be the continuous research on horses in Japan. Right now I have an idea for a novel brainstorming in my head about horse racing. I am sure one day a character or even shall come to me. All I can say is that my keyboard or pen had better be ready to run like a racehorse when that day comes!

Let's all have a good reading and writing year in 2013! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment