Sunday, August 26, 2012

Book Review: The Vampire Lestat

The Vampire Lestat (Vampire Chronicles)
Author: Anne Rice
Published: 1985
Genre: Fantasy, Vampire
Rating: 5/5

Continuing my reviews of The Vampire Chronicles I first encountered the character of Lestat from the movie Interview with a Vampire. I had a hard time buying into the evilness Lestat portrayed in the movie. I was glad when I discovered the second book expanded into making him an overall, major character throughout the series.

After Louis releases the tale of his life in the form of the novel Interview with the Vampire his creator, Lestat, is inspired to share his own story. Lestat releases a biography and becomes a popular rock singer in which he challenges those that know of the origin of vampires to come forth. From his youth, transformation, world wanderings and pursuit for answers Lestat's flamboyant and passionate personality is one the reader will love.

Once more, I cannot stress how much I love Rice's use of narration. Lestat's complex character offers a more desirable narration for a broader audience. I sincerely wish this novel had also been turned into a movie.

(#21 of the 100 Book Challenge, which I won't be making)



No comments:

Post a Comment