Sunday, December 25, 2011

Happy Merry Christmas!

My extended family and I celebrated Christmas a couple of days early. They know how sad I am about the fact I have to leave all my books in the USA. Shipping all of them to Japan would cost too much money so I broke down and got a kindle. I am grateful to my mother, grandparents, and aunts and uncles for the gifts of  money they gave me so I could purchase kindle books. A lot of consideration went into the collection I purchased. I am happy with the ones I chose and can hardly wait to start the 2012 one-hundred book challenge hosted by Book Chick City .

So here is the list of books I bought! 

1. Chalice by Robin McKinley (I have read her novel Pegasus)
2. The Queen's Governess by Karen Harper (I was ecstatic to see a novel from the POV of Kat Ashley)
3. The Girl Who Remembered Horses by Linda Benson
4. A Horse to Remember by Juliana Hutchings (Kept showing up in my suggestions list)
5. The False Princess by Eilis O'Neal
6. Anthology of Japanese Literature by various (Very good price!)
7. A Voice in the Distance by Tabitha Suzuma (Check out my review for her novel Forbidden)
8. A Horse of her Own by Annie Wedekind
9. Firehorse by Diane Lee Wilson (Fell in love with the synopsis)
10. The Woman Who Loved Horses by Don Walters
11. The Story of Red Eye: The Miracle Horse of Gettysburg by Robert J. Trout 
12. Birth of a Unicorn and Other Stories by various (Short story with a unicorn? Couldn't pass it up!)
13. Sanctuary (Memoirs of a Unicorn) by Simon Skiles 
14. Lady Macbeth's Daughter by Lisa Klein (I have read her novel Ophelia)
15. Lone Star by Josh Laynon (Nothing wrong with a smut novel for entertainment, right?)
16. Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay (I saw this in the store and knew I had to read it!)
17. Shattered Souls by Mary Lindsey (Check out my friend's review for this novel here !)
18. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky (my friend Kim raved about this book to me)
19. Isabeau, a Novel of Queen Isabella and King Mortimer by Gemini N. Sasson
20. Legacy by Susan Kay (I never can pass up a novel on Elizabeth I)
21. Between by Cyndi Tefft (She followed me on twitter and that is how I discovered her novel!)

I can hardly wait to read these books! I am sure they will bring me much comfort when I feel lonely in Japan. Please check my blog again to see the reviews I write about these novels!

No comments:

Post a Comment