Thursday, December 30, 2010

Writer's Life 2010 into 2011

So the year 2010 is ending and 2011 is, thankfully in my case, rolling in without a blizzard. I must ask myself as a writer what have I accomplished in the year 2010? So, I will list my accomplishments from this past year even if they were just baby steps.
1.      I wrote a complete rough draft for my novel The Blood of Nature and Evil. However, this is a fantasy novel that should really be around 500 pages long and it was crammed into 250 pages due to time constraints for undergrad thesis. But hey, I got the skeleton all laid out now.
2.      I read out loud to a group of peers twice this year (and I didn’t take any type of medication before either of them).
3.      I roughly have a good start on my novel for my MFA program, My Kingdom for a Horse.
4.      I submitted two poems out but I am still waiting for replies.
5.      I started this blog and keep writing it, despite it seems to lack followers and comments.
Personally, I think I would accomplished a lot more if I wasn’t so distracted by the internet and the awesome anime series and AMVs on youtube.com. Anime and manga do offer me much of the fodder for my imagination outside of novels though.
So, what would I like to accomplish in my writer’s life in 2011? Read more novels. I spent a bulk of my time this past year reading manga. I will also start what I deemed “the dreaded rewrite” of The Blood of Nature and Evil and write more short stories. I will submit more stuff out I suppose as well so that I will have rejection letters to burn as well.
So readers, what would you like to accomplish in 2011 as a writer now that I have shared my goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment