Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Randomness of the First Blog


So today I came to work and discovered there really is no work! So I figured why shouldn't I start my new blog? This blog is sort of odd as it will cover my writing, equine and otaku lifestyle. Main blog posts will be about books and my writing process and any other odd ball things I come up with. Follow the tabs to the rest of the randomness!


I am a vomit drafter. Waiting until there is one week before the deadline definitely is not the smartest thing an MFA student should do. For some though, it works. I like the buildup of the pressure and finding different excuses to put off the writing until the very last moment. For those that have read the manga Junjo Romantica, I completely relate to the character Akihiko Usami. Usami often waits until the last minute causing his editor to have panic attacks. I give myself a panic attack in my case, though.


Once the pressure is built up enough, I abandon my other hobbies (except for my horse) to produce the pages and hopefully the right quality of writing needed for my novel, tentatively titled My Kingdom for a Horse. So far it seems to be working. My story is taking shape and I have been told that the relationships in my story work and the main character, Kylie, is a lovable "hoyden". 


While this fairytale fantasy novel is being abandoned for another couple of days I will be focusing on a newer work that is a secret!

No comments:

Post a Comment